If a product causes you or your child harm, you may be able to pursue a claim against the manufacturer. This is known as a product liability claim. Contact us at John Mickelson Law Corporation to find out more.
Product liability claims
Manufacturers have a duty to protect the health and safety of consumers, as far as they reasonably can. This means a product must be designed safely and manufactured to a certain standard. Also, consumers should be sufficiently warned about any known risks.
If a manufacturer fails to meet these legal obligations, causing a consumer to suffer an injury, there could be grounds for a product liability claim. Typically, product liability claims hinge upon one of the following arguments –
- The product has an unsafe design
- The product was manufactured negligently
- The manufacturer failed to warn about risks that were known, or should reasonably have been known about
Examples of product liability claims
There are many products available to consumers. As such, there are many ways in which a product might cause someone harm. Some common examples include –
- Medicines that are known to be dangerous, contaminated or do not carry safety warnings
- Toys that are created or designed defectively
- Safety products that do not work, such as fire alarms
- Vehicles with missing safety features or dangerous design flaws
- Electrical items that combust or cause electrocution
These are just a few examples. If you have been hurt by a product, or your loved one has, please contact us at John Mickelson Law Corporation to speak to a product liability lawyer.
Making a product liability claim
We can explain whether you have the basis to make a product liability claim. These claims are complex, because you must prove that the product was defective, and that this directly contributed towards your injuries.
Our Vancouver personal injury lawyers have a thorough understanding of the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act. We know what it takes to make a successful product liability claim and can help you get the justice you deserve.
Vancouver product liability lawyers
Have you been harmed by a product that was designed or produced defectively? If so, contact our Vancouver product liability lawyers to discuss your next steps.