Food Poisoning

If you believe someone else is responsible for your food poisoning, it is essential to seek early legal advice. At John Mickelson Law Corporation, we can examine whether a third party is to blame for your illness. This could be a restaurant, grocery store or manufacturer. If so, we can help you claim the compensation you deserve.

Food poisoning claims

When you buy food at a restaurant, grocery store or market, you expect it to be safe to eat. Unfortunately, however, that is not always the case. It may be that the food is out of date, was it was not prepared properly, or was contaminated. Whatever the cause, the outcome is the same – food poisoning.

Anyone who has had food poisoning will know that it is an awful experience. Symptoms typically include vomiting and diarrhoea, which can in turn lead to severe dehydration. This can result in hospitalisation and a prolonged period off work. For vulnerable patients, it can even be fatal.

If this happened to you or your loved one, it is worth investigating whether the manufacturer, distributer or restaurant was negligent in their food handling or preparation. If so, you could be in a position to make a food poisoning claim. This ensures you are compensated for your pain, suffering and out-of-pocket expenses.

Food poisoning lawyers

If you developed food poisoning after eating at a restaurant, or consuming food purchased at a public store, contact us at John Mickelson Law Corporation. We can explore the matter further. Chances are that if you fell ill, other customers did too. This helps confirm the source of the outbreak.

If we believe there are grounds for a food poisoning claim, we can gather the evidence and pursue legal action on your behalf. Our service starts with a free consultation with one of our legal experts. This gives you the chance to get some professional advice, allowing you to establish the best way forward.

Make a free enquiry

To find out if you can claim compensation for food poisoning, please speak to our Vancouver personal injury lawyers.

Get a Free Consultation

Go Back To Top